LED vs. Traditional Lighting
Why choose LED lighting technology over traditional lighting solutions?
More than ever before, people across Australia are making the switch to LED lighting over traditional incandescent and halogen lighting solutions. With LED saving you hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars a year from your power bills it is easy to see why! But saving money is not the only benefit that comes with converting your home or business to LED. Here are just some of the incredible benefits that can be found in making the change to LED lighting compared to traditional lighting today:
1. Light output - LED's have a minimum output of 120 lumens per watt, where as incandescent lights have an approximate output of 12-24 lumens per watt. LED lighting produces more brightness per bulb of any light you can buy on the market.
2. Lifespan - LEDs have a lifespan of 50,000+ hours. If switched on for 10 hours a day, 7 days a week, they would last up to 18 years. Incandescent halogen bulbs, if used in similar conditions, they would last up to approximately 2 years.
3. Safety - LEDs are free of hazardous chemicals and safe even if the bulb is broken. LED's also run cooler than traditional globes and are safe to touch. Unlike fluorescent globes, LEDs also don't emit UV light and are suitable to be used around artwork.
4. Durability - LED lights are comprised of a hardy structure resistant to extreme heat, cold, and vibrations - making them more suitable for a range of indoor and outdoor applications. For example, a halogen bulb if knocked will blow upon the filament breaking or making contact with itself.
5. Efficiency - LEDs consume over 80% less power than traditional lighting and can deliver 10 times the lifespan and over 5 times the light output. For the average Australian, this translates to massive savings over time.
The following table by Australian consumer satisfaction and research company Canstar Blue illustrates the energy savings that can be made by switching to LED:
|Light bulb||Wattage||Usage cost per quarter per light bulb|
LED technology is now maturing to a point the cost of many LED globes are now comparable to the cost of traditional globes. Coupled with the vast array of savings and benefits to be gained by going LED, the choice to switch has never been easier.
Call 1300 255 533 today for a free quote, free information, or to speak with one of our LED lighting experts about how LED can help transform your home or business today!